Monday, June 8, 2015

County Fair

 

It has been a year and a half since I showed a quilt in the Pacific International Quilt Festival. Today my Grandmother's Flower Garden EPP quilt made another appearance at a county fair along with my Harry Potter at Hogwarts Quilt designed by Owlsea (with some substitutions. Sadly no ribbons but I did enjoy seeing them hanging.  Upon seeing the Harry Potter at Hogwarts quilt actually hanging I realize it had some serious technical errors. It really doesn't hang straight, the words aren't centered and the sides bow in. I love it anyway.



These two quilts will probably be shifted over to actual use and new show quilts will be taking their place. I do separate which quilts are serving each purpose. Ones made for home use and cuddling usually backed with fleece (better for cuddling) and I worry less about them being perfect. Ones that go to show, I worry more about perfection. They get a bit more quilting (even though I prefer less quilted quilts) and a cotton backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment